Dear Greyhound Participants,
I write to you to provide a short update from GRNSW on industry reaction/needs for COVID-19.
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak by following Government advice closely and will update you as necessary.
The focus of activity for GRNSW’s Executive Leadership Team is to:
- Maintain our duty of care to staff;
- Keep the industry operating during this time in a safe and proper way;
- Provide continuity of racing and services to all participants;
- Continue to deliver our plans, and act in accordance with our statutory and licence obligations.
The current situation
- At this stage, all racetracks and GRNSW offices are operating as normal and we will make any future decisions based on advice from the Australian Government and NSW Health.
- We maintain a watchful eye on this situation and will keep staff and other interested persons informed of any impact.
- We encourage best hygiene practices with our staff, and encourage you to implement hand sanitisers and other good-health measures across your clubs and racetracks.
- Club officials, particpants and staff who are unwell for any reason, or who have a member of their household who is unwell must not attend any racetrack or any industry-related activity at any other location until cleared by a doctor.
- For daily alerts and medical advice on COVID-19, please refer to the Department of Health website here.
We will keep our community up to date via email notices, as well as SMS communication should the situation change at any time. If your details have changed recently, especially your mobile phone number, please update them with Richard Zogbee – firstname.lastname@example.org.
GRNSW Staff travel and meetings
Please be advised that all non-essential staff travel is hereby postponed.
All non-essential air travel has been cancelled.
All meetings and events which can be conducted by video conference should be conducted that way.
In the event of GRNSW office closure
This is a very likely event, sooner or later.
GRNSW are equipped to work from home, and will continue to perform their functions.
If you have recently travelled to areas where travel bans are currently in place, please ensure that you follow the NSW Health advice outlined here. DO NOT attend the racetrack or any industry-related activity in person until you have been cleared by a doctor.
GRNSW continues to evaluate our contingency plans in anticipation of various scenarios that may develop with relation to COVID-19. We are taking all necessary steps to ensure that we continue to support both participants and staff and we remain in close contact with both Government and NSW Health officials.
All questions and concerns should be directed to our COO, Wayne Billett.
Tony Mestrov, CEO